Followers

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Black & White Wednesday

click on photo to enlarge

1502 Longwood Ave . Bedford

One of the old originals with no eat in area inside and only serving ice cream, like they are meant to do! Saw some whiny reviews on Yelp that they don't serve burgers or hot dogs at this location...that little fact makes a winner in my book...seems so many places just keep adding to their menus and forget what made them successful in the first place.

Reminds me of a summer when I was a kid. We went to Staples, MN where my mom's favorite Aunt and Uncle lived, Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Bill...my mom spent a lot of time when she was a kid at their house...every night after dinner, we'd sit out in the front yard and then we'd all walk down to the Dairy Queen, it was my Uncle Bill's thing, every night...of course I never complained :) That was in the 70's and probably looked much like this one, although I don't really remember much about it now!

11 comments:

  1. I agree! When specialty places try to branch out, their other food is NEVER as good as what they are famous for. What a wonderful memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than an old-fashioned ice cone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! We don't have any like that here. The whiners would like ours...they serve burgers and hot dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I applaud the folks that own this place and keep it like the original. Not a lot of Dairy Queens around ... I think we have two in town but they're in odd places and hard to get to. I love their blizzards, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a small one here that just does the ice cream, like this, but because it's not a heated building, they don't open up in winter.

    I don't think I've ever been in a DQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would love this place. There is a Dairy Queen in our small town and we try to go get ice cream every time the boys are here. ;) Have a wonderful 2018, Tanya! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like to see the original DQ type place. I havent seen it before that I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three claim our town as home. Two traditional 'window' service but may have burgers too. The third bills themselves as DQ Chill and Grill Restaurant with booths.
    As a child, a local farmer had his own 'frozen custard' stand. That was our go to place on a hot summer evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)