Followers

Friday, December 23, 2016

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 111

City Market Building . Roanoke . 1922

1) I'm going to rant for a bit...I had to get the historical significance of this fine old building from Wikipedia ...you can see the building's website HERE and while the site is pretty modern it lacks any detail about the building's history, which I for one, and I know many of you find the most important...at least dedicate a page to the building's history am I right? Ok, so, rant off!

2) Ahhhh done with my Christmas shopping! Yippee! Have to go food shopping tomorrow but I can happily say everything is wrapped and under the tree now!

3) Nick has been off this week...It has been nice having him home but also difficult to get things done!

4) Do you feel like it is Christmas already? I don't!

5) If you could have Santa bring you anything at all, what would it be? I think I would pick a family trip to Quebec. I have so many ancestral things to see there and would love to share that with all 6 of us! You hear me Santa? ;)

Ok that is my 5 for the week! I hope you will join in! Post 5 randoms, link back and visit others! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!!


9 comments:

  1. Very nice old building, I would like to shopping here... After the collapse of GDR they have destroyed the historic buildings and build ugly new shopping malls, sigh! I will not show ours...
    Quebec must be a great place, I haven't any connections, but I would like to travel too.
    But at first I wish, Santa brings my any thing for better move at long distances in wintertime.
    Happy holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding information online about the history of things is difficult, perhaps most people could care less. I will do the wrapping and then it will be a "wrap." Santa has been very generous over the years, at this point in my life I have what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears to be a fine old building whatever its history. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is a beautiful building. I do like to get details like architectural style and building dates right in posts that involve architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like the site should have a little history and be proud of it. I can't believe it's Christmas already! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the market open only in summer? Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a pretty building even if no history found...yes I have my gifts done too. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Santa, please bring me a strong body all healed from those little surgeries I had this summer!
    Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)