Followers

Friday, December 11, 2015

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 64

click on photo to enlarge
Roanoke's Christmas Tree from 2014....Hoping we make it to tonight's Dicken's of a Christmas ...we normally aren't able to go as the boys have always had basketball practice on that night. Last year was our first year, and although they had practice, we still went, were late but at least we saw a bit! No practice is scheduled for this Friday so I'm going to twist Nick's arm!

1) Click Here for my post from last year's Dicken's of a Christmas post

2) A present came in the mail for me today...no surprise since I ordered it but I am soooo excited...ok, it's a new camera! But I still have to wrap it up and put it under the tree...Nick's a stickler like that!

3)
Colonial Elementary School . Blue Ridge
The boys had basketball practice here Tuesday night...when I came back to pick them up I really liked the way this doorway was lit up. I was reading that this school was built in 1939 as a high school. Interesting history on the schools in Botetourt County HERE

4)
Downtown Roanoke...don't ask me what building this is because I cannot remember! I think I shall link this to Weekend Reflections ...I love reflections and always forget to play along to this linky!

5)
...and we thank you! (recently scene at Green Hill Park in Salem

Okey dokey, that's my 5 this week! Your turn! Post 5 randoms, link up and visit others! Thank you so much for participating!! Have a great weekend :)



P.S. Our school won the semi-finals last Saturday and will be heading to Liberty University tomorrow to compete for the State Championship! See the news HERE .. Go Cavs!!!



18 comments:

  1. Congrats to the win and fingers crossing for tomorrow!
    It's really a very pretty door and I wish you good look to managing to Dickens of a Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed the Dicken's of a Christmas. Have a beautiful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blue Christmas tree is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new camera and going to states!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're going to be able to see your show tonight; nothing like a live performance during the holidays!
    I love LOVE love that car tag!
    New camera?? YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some very nice night shots here, Tanya. I think my favorite is the door - because of that light. So what kind of camera did Santa bring you? I'll bet you'll be anxiously awaiting the 25th! Best of luck in the tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get to see Dickins of Christmas tonight! What a wonderful, Christmasy post! Oooh, a new camera for Christmas! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos you shared. I'm sure you will really enjoy your new camera. Wishing you the best for the tournament. Enjoy your weekend, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 2014 tree looks very much like a Versailles tree, that royal French blue! Hope you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear about Ashlyn's friend. What a terrible tragedy! So young! God be with his family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I have read The House on Tradd series and I just loved them! I discovered those last year. She is such a fun writer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you all made it to a Dickens of a Christmas. You did a great job again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you'll have to tell us all about the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you enjoyed the Dickens evening

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like the lighting in that second shot particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet the blue lights cast a glow that could be seen a long ways away.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)